- Portable Chillers
- Central Chillers
- Cooling Towers
- Plant Wide Systems
- Temperature Controllers
- Pump Reservoirs
- Additional Products
Home » Additional Products » Adiabatic Fluid Coolers
Adiabatic Fluid Coolers
Thermal Care's Hybrid Fluid Coolers Offer Significant Savings
If you're looking to reduce energy use, cut operating costs or provide clean water for your process cooling system then Thermal Care's Hybrid Fluid Coolers are exactly what you need.
Most fluid coolers are closed–loop heat exchangers that cool process water using ambient air. Thermal Care's hybrid fluid coolers employ a unique adiabatic design that can provide leaving water temperatures in ranges similar to temperatures achieved with conventional evaporative cooling tower systems year-round.
Save on operating costs
Thermal Care Hybrid Fluid Coolers can operate for 50 percent less than conventional cooling tower systems. Units operate as air-to-water heat exchangers and use a number of variable speed fans as dictated by your process cooling requirements.
During much of the year and in warm weather climates, Thermal Care Hybrid Fluid Coolers can provide 85°F leaving water temperatures – just like systems using conventional evaporative cooling towers. In cooler climates, leaving water temperatures as cool as 46°F are possible without using glycol.
Save on energy
On hot weather days, the relative humidity of ambient air is increased by spraying an atomized fine mist of city water into the incoming air stream on both sides of the unit. Thermal Care’s adiabatic system decreases the air temperature as it enters the unit and results in lower leaving water temperatures when compared to those achieved by a cooling tower alone.
You can run process water temperatures low enough using only a Thermal Care Hybrid Fluid Cooler that it may actually be possible to operate your equipment without the use of additional central chilling units – that’s like getting your process cooling for free.
Save on water consumption
Use less water for process cooling than with conventional evaporative cooling tower systems. Thermal Care Hybrid Fluid Coolers are closed loop so there is no need to replace evaporated process water. Using less water preserves a valuable natural resource. Plus, process water is kept clean and uncontaminated – without the need to treat for water scale or bacteria.
The unique “V-shaped” angled-side design also means no water accumulation on the ground under the unit.
Save on maintenance
No wet filters to replace, no chemicals to add, or frequent cleaning of tower basins required like with other cooling systems. The Hybrid Fluid Cooler operates 24/7 with a minimum of maintenance or repair.
Save on installation and expansion
Hybrid Fluid Coolers are designed to be used outdoors. Air circulation through coils is maximized while the footprint of each unit is minimized. Units are modular and easy to install and additional units can be added at any time there is a need to expand cooling capacity.
Hybrid Fluid Cooler Features
- Units use much less water than conventional cooling tower systems
- Units can provide 85°F water year–round
- In cooler weather, units can provide "free cooling" by replacing the need for a chiller
- City water is nebulized into the entering air stream to lower the ambient air temperature for lower water temperature
- Nebulizing water mist system is separate from process water system
- No moisture on coils eliminates scale build up
- Polyurethane filters mean no water filters to replace
- Self-draining, glycol–free systems allows 46°F leaving water temperature without unit freeze up
- Remote control panel located inside facility operates fans, nebulizing mist system and a recirculation pump that maintains accurate water temperatures while optimizing unit performance
- DC brushless motors are quiet, save energy and increase reliability
- Advanced coil technology provides 20 percent more cooling capacity over standard coils
- High–efficiency spray system design prevents water from coming in contact with coils