- Portable Chillers
- Central Chillers
- Cooling Towers
- Plant Wide Systems
- Temperature Controllers
- Pump Reservoirs
- Additional Products
Home » Central Chillers » TC Centrifugal
Centrifugal Compressor Central Chillers
Thermal Care is at the leading edge of process cooling technology. TC Series Centrifugal Central Chillers use revolutionary, frictionless, magnetic bearing Turbocor compressors to deliver optimum chiller performance and part load efficiencies. This translates into the quietest, most reliable, and most energy efficient chillers ever built. Models are available with either single or completely independent dual refrigeration circuits.
TC Series Central Chiller Features
- 60 to 540 tons (water cooled and remote condenser models available)
- Powerful PLC Control System maintains stable and reliable operation of the chiller.
- C-CUL, 508A listed and labeled industrial control panel
- Rotary Circuit Breakers for each compressor
- Turbocor Centrifugal Compressor Design
Only one major moving part - the compressor impeller which is used to compress gas and provides the highest full load efficiency. In addition, the Turbocor centrifugal compressor design operates at compression ratios as low as 1.2 (discharge pressure/suction pressure) compared to 1.8 or higher for other types of compressors. Lower compression ratios means less energy use.
Integrated Variable Speed Drive Motor Control
- Enhances temperature control capability for partial load performance.
- Soft-start control reduces peak energy demand and extends motor life by lowering inital currentinrush at start-up.
- Lowest noise level. Whisper quiet sound levels with 71 dBA (per compressor) and virtually no structure-born vibration
- Compare the sound of a typical screw compressor with the centrifugal compressor
- Eliminates oil management system and all related maintenance costs.
- No potential oil contamination of refrigerant.
- Lower energy required can save up to 40% in annual operating costs when compared to screw-type compressors.
Magnetic "Friction-Free" Bearings
- Equipment life is extended since there is no contact with surfaces as the shaft rotates.
- Compressor senses a power failure as a normal shutdown. Internal capacitors and rotational energy allow the motor to become a generator and provide a fail-safe shutdown.
Integrated Computer Control
- Premium control interface has 79 points of diagnostic information per compressor.
- Provides extensive sensing capabilities and monitors compressor bearing and shaft positions six million times per minute.
- Communications package allows for remote diagnostics of the chiller.
- Understand the differences between an industrial process chiller and a HVAC chiller
- How to evaluate the cost of operating an air cooled vs. a water cooled chiller
Thermal Care Central Chillers
- TSE Series Central Chillers - 10 to 160 tons
- MX Series Central Chillers - 50 to 500 tons
- TC Series Central Chillers - 60 to 540 tons
- PA Series Outdoor Central Chillers - 10 to 490 tons