5 to 30 Ton Chillers with Variable Speed Scroll Compressors
Accuchiller NQV Series
Same great features as the NQ Series portable and packaged chiller with the addition of an optional variable speed compressor for significant energy savings!
NQV Variable Speed Chillers with advanced NQ Series PLC Controllers are at the technological forefront of the process cooling industry. The controller constantly monitors the heat load and adjusts the compressor speed for peak efficiency and temperature control and eliminates the need for hot gas bypass. By automatically adjusting the compressor speed, the chiller works only as hard as necessary to provide optimum performance with significantly reduced power use. Studies have shown that a 20% reduction in motor speed can lead to a 51% energy savings.
- Air cooled 5 to 30 ton
- Water cooled 5 to 30 ton
- Control system provides diagnostics and precise temperature control
- Compact microchannel all aluminum air-cooled condensers for increased durability
- High efficiency fans (air-cooled units only) with integral condensers feature totally enclosed air over (TEAO) motors for long life
- Stainless steel brazed plate evaporators with flow and temperature safeties to guard against freezing
- Variable speed compressor varies the speed to match the load
- Compressor , pump and condenser fan starters (air-cooled units only) mounted in control panel and wired to motors
- Remote 4-20 mA set point temperature input capability for increased application flexibility
- Low voltage 24 VDC control keeps the control circuit signals free from AC interference
- Internal insulated polyethylene reservoir
- Removable inlet air filter (air-cooled units only) is easily cleaned and protects condenser coils to assure maximum efficiency
- Tools-free removable doors
- Solid state safety switches with electronic sensing devices
- Alarm horn
- Energy efficient R-410A refrigerant
- C-UL 508A industrial control panel with single point electrical connection
- Rotary non-fused disconnect for quick and safe main power disconnect
- Outdoor duty construction
- 5 year compressor warranty
- Alarm contact
- Upsize tank
- Return piping kit
- CONNEX 4.0 for system-wide control
Accuchiller NQV Series
Easy-to-Operate Control Panel Options
Each NQ Series portable chiller comes standard with a large 7 inch color touch screen and PLC controls with extensive monitoring and control capabilities.
The optional, more advanced Premium Control comes with expanded diagnostic and communication capabilities. The Premium Control is standard on all NQV Series portable chillers.
Answer These Questions to Calculate your Potential Savings
Variable Speed Compressor Payback (Years)
Compared to a typical chiller with a fixed speed compressor, a NQV chiller with a variable speed compressor provides major power savings at partial loads. This is particularly important in process applications which run varying loads that rarely use full capacity of the chiller. Variable speed scroll compressor technology varies the compressor speed to match the process load. This means the compressor slows down under part load conditions for peak performance and reduced power use. 5, 10, and 15 ton units use one variable-speed compressor. A 20 ton unit uses a 10 ton variable-speed and a 10 ton fixed-speed compressor and a 30 ton unit uses a 15 ton variable-speed and 15 ton fixed-speed compressor.