Single Circuit Chiller 100 tons
Thermal Care now offers the new TCF Central Chiller which combines the efficiencies of both a hybrid film evaporator and a Turbocor variable speed centrifugal compressor to deliver optimum full and part load efficiencies. The result is one of the most energy efficient central chillers ever built.
TCF Series Central Chiller Features
- Water cooled single circuit model
- Advanced PLC System maintains stable and reliable operation of the chiller
- Hybrid film evaporator for the most efficient heat transfer
- Direct-drive variable-speed Turbocor centrifugal compressor technology continuously adjusts speed to match load and reduce operating costs
- C-UL 508A listed and labeled industrial control panel
- Rotary circuit breaker for compressor
- Single point connection for electrical hookup at control cabinet
- Only one major moving part - the compressor impeller which is used to compress gas and provides the highest full load efficiency and less energy use.
- Modular expansion to over 600 tons using up to six chillers.
- TC Series Chillers come standard with Dynamic Lift technology
Integrated Variable Speed Drive Motor Control
- Enhances temperature control capability for partial load performance.
- Soft-start control reduces peak energy demand and extends motor life by lowering initial current inrush at start-up
- Lowest noise level; whisper quiet sound levels with 74 dBA and virtually no structure-born vibration
Oil Free Operation
- Eliminates oil management system and all related maintenance costs
- No potential oil contamination of refrigerant
- No compressor failure due to oil contamination
- Lower energy required can save up to 40% in annual operating costs when compared to screw-type compressor
Integrated PLC Control
- Adaptive control maximizes operational performance
- Provides extensive sensing capabilities and monitors compressor bearing and shaft positions six million times per minute
- Communications package allows for remote diagnostics of the chiller
- Built-in 24 VDC control circuitry
Magnetic “Friction-Free” Bearings
- Equipment life is extended since there is no contact with surfaces as the shaft rotates
- Compressor senses a power failure as a normal shutdown. Internal capacitors and rotational energy allow the motor to become a generator and provide a fail-safe shutdown.
- Compressor shaft rests on a graphite-lined touchdown bearing when not in operation
WATER COOLED CONDENSER SINGLE - CIRCUIT CHILLER GENERAL DATALearn More
|Cooling Capacity Range (ton)¹||40 to 120|
|Set Point Range (°F)||40 to 75|
|Compressor (qty)||1||Shipping Weight (lbs)||3,400|
|Operating Weight (lbs)||3,800|
|MCA @ 460/3/60 (amps)2||174|
|MOP @ 460/3/60 (amps)3||250|
¹Cooling capacity when cooling water with 50°F set point, 60°F return, and 85°F condenser water, R134a refrigerant.
2MCA is Minimum Circuit Amps under full load, used for minimum wire size requirement.
3MOP is Maximum Overcurrent Protection, used for sizing main power protection device.
Energy Efficiency Comparison
TCF Variable Speed Centrifugal Compressor Chiller vs a Typical Flood Evaporator, Fixed-Speed Screw Compressor Chiller